Are you looking for a great snack to carry along to the gym? Do you want to eat something delicious yet healthy while on a strict diet? The best option is to go for beef jerky. However, you might not want to consume it, assuming that it will spoil your diet. You are wrong, as eating beef jerky will not only not spoil your diet, but also offer several health benefits to you.
Below, we have listed the reasons why beef jerky is good for you!
1. Filled with protein: If you are trying to lose weight by exercising a lot, beef jerky will give you the energy to power through. It is loaded with protein and will provide you with the energy to get through the day. Experts say that 3.5 oz of jerky contains around 1.17 oz of protein. Remember, most people need 2.6 – 3.95 oz of protein to function daily.
2. Boosts your immune system: Beef jerky is not just for gym enthusiasts. It is also beneficial for others as it boosts the immune system and prevents you from getting too exhausted or falling sick.
It offers both zinc and iron. The latter produces red blood cells and allows you to keep your metabolism up. Without enough iron, you will not be able to burn the fat, and eventually, will get exhausted. On the other hand, zinc heals your body. Every time you work out, you use your muscles. Zinc heals and strengthens them for the next workout session.
3. Does not raise sugar levels: You might associate meat with fats and weight gain. However, consuming beef jerky does not result in either of the two problems. It is because it does not contain excessive amounts of preservatives. In fact, they are most likely not to contain anything other than salt to preserve the meat. Therefore, you do not have to worry about high sugar levels in your blood.
4. Less fat: Several people must have asked you to stay away from bacon and pork grind because they contain large amounts of fat. However, you will be relieved to know that beef jerky does not have much fat. It is because beef jerky is basically dried meat. During its preparation, the producers remove most of the fat and moisture. But, it may vary from product to product. Therefore, read the nutritional value of the jerky product before consuming it.
5. Longevity: Since the process of making jerky removes moisture from the meat which prevents bacteria growth, beef jerky has a prolonged life. In fact, well-packaged jerky can last up to two years. However, once you open it, make sure to consume it within a week or two. You can also store it in the freezer, but it will spoil the taste.
About Nebraska Star Beef
The above-mentioned reasons must have made it clear why beef jerky is good for you. At Nebraska Star Beef, we sell premium-quality beef products and seasoning mixes with hassle-free delivery. Our clients choose us for our commitment to excellence, quality, and consistency. For more information, contact us at (308) 876-2250, write to email@example.com, or fill out our online contact form.