After a long tiring day at work, a delicious dinner sounds so good! However, you may be confused about what to cook. Well, you can never go wrong with grilled beef steaks, enhanced with Nebraska Star® Beef’s Signature® Seasonings and rubs.
You can cook a grilled beef steak that is tender, juicy, and flavorful. Make sure to grill it to caramelized perfection for a satisfying and delicious steak dinner. And do you know the best part? It is a meal that you can easily prepare yourself!
Therefore, say hello to the best beef steak recipe! It will help you ace grilled steaks with perfection every time with no fail.
- Beef steak
- Coarse salt
- Olive oil
- Signature® seasoning and rubs from Nebraska Star® Beef
- Prepare the steak: Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you grill it. Bring the steak to room temperature and place it on the work surface. Then, pat dry the steak using paper towels and rub it with salt, olive oil, and Signature® seasoning and rubs from Nebraska Star® Beef.
- Prepare the grill: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. The ideal temperature would be 450°F. Grease the grates with oil to prevent the steak from sticking. It’s best to use folded paper for this.
- Grill the steak: Transfer the steak to the grill, and cover and sear for two to three minutes without moving it. If you wish to attain a crosshatch/ diamond pattern, rotate the steak 90 degrees halfway through searing on each side. Flip the steak and allow the second side to sear for two or three more minutes. Insert an instant meat thermometer in the thickest part of the steak to check if it’s done. If you are aiming for rare, remove the steak from the grill once it reaches 120°F. Remove at 140°F for medium and 130°F for medium-rare.
Remember the steak temperature will rise a few degrees more while it rests.
- Rest the steak: Place the steak on a plate and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for approximately five to ten minutes before you serve. It will allow the juices to retreat into the meat.
Finally, cut against the grain and serve immediately.
What temperature should steak be cooked at?
If the steak thickness is less than one inch, grill it using direct heat only. We suggest setting the temperature to 450-500°F (232-260°C) for medium-high.
If the steak thickness is more than one inch, use indirect heat first (about 135°C or 275°F) and finally finish it with direct heat at 450-500°F (232-260°C).
How long does it take to grill steak?
When you are cooking your beef steak on the grill, timing is of the essence.
For instance, a 1-inch ribeye steak cooked medium-rare will need five to six minutes at medium-high heat (232°C or 450°F).
Please also note that no two steaks are the same, and the time required for a different steak could be more or less than the above time, depending on its properties and texture.
About Nebraska Star Beef
At Nebraska Star Beef, we sell premium-quality beef products and seasoning mixes with hassle-free delivery. Our clients choose us for our commitment to excellence, quality, and consistency. For more information, contact us at (308) 876-2250, write to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our online contact form.