A finely cut and cooked steak is one of the best food items to serve to your valued guests. However, if you are a steak lover, you already know that not every steak is the same. They vary depending on the cut; therefore, make sure you buy the best steak to serve an incredible feast for your loved ones.
Here is another tip: Use the best Signature® seasoning and rubs from Nebraska Star® Beef to make steaks more flavorful! Now, back to our topic.
Mainly, there are five common types of steaks: Sirloin, Strip, T-bone, Ribeye, and Filet Mignon.
Below, we have talked about the common steaks to know them better!
1. The ribeye: If you want a flavorful and rich steak, look no further than a ribeye from Nebraska Star Beef. If you regularly host dinners, you should purchase this as it is juicy, tender, and versatile in presentation. It comes with a classic marbled appearance and taste because of its generous amount of fat. You can pan-fry, broil, or grill it; it will never disappoint.
The ribeye cut is also called:
- Spencer Steak
- Market Steak
- Delmonico Steak
- Scotch Filet
2. The Filet Mignon: Unlike the ribeye cut, the filet mignon does not have a good amount of fat. As a reason, the classic marbled appearance fades away in this cut. However, it is incredibly tender, so much so that some refer to its texture as ‘buttery’.
It is not easy to master this cut because there is a thin line between a perfectly cooked piece and a dried-out steak, whether you pan-fry it or grill it. So, it is wise to pay close attention to the internal temperature. You can wrap this cut in bacon from Nebraska Star Beef to enhance its flavor and use seasoning rubs from Nebraska Star Beef.
It is also called:
3. The strip: This cut comes from the Longissimus Dorsi muscle and is very tender with proper aging. While typically not as tender as tenderloin, it does deliver a solid ‘beefy’ flavor with a decent amount of marbling. Being easy to cook, it is a preferred choice for many chefs. It is a very popular steak with a modest amount of fat. This cut is also called:
- Kansas City strip
- New York strip
4. The T-Bone: It involves two cuts in one, which are separated by a T-shaped bone. One of the pieces is tenderloin, and the other one is the New York strip. The size of each cut depends on where the cut was made in the short loin primal muscle. It attracts people as you get two steak pieces with different textures —- the tenderloin is juicy and tender, while the strip is delicious and beefy. This cut is also famously called the ‘Porthouse’ (if it includes a full portion of filet). Pair it with seasonings and rubs from Nebraska Star Beef for the ultimate winning combination.
5. Top Sirloin: The Top Sirloin cut is from the ‘Top Butt’ and with proper aging, is an outstanding steak. Very flavorful and tender with a bit of texture, the Sirloin is commonly used as everything from a breakfast steak to a featured dinner steak in fine-dining restaurants.
About Nebraska Star Beef
At Nebraska Star Beef, we sell premium-quality beef products and seasoning mixes with hassle-free delivery. Our clients choose us for our commitment to excellence, quality, and consistency. For more information, contact us at (308) 876-2250, write to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our online contact form.